The AVANCE Parent-Child Education Program (PCEP) is a nine-month program that echoes the school calendar of September to May.
The program must include:
A three-hour, weekly session for parents lasting nine months.
• Toy Making Class (1 Hour) – Parents construct toys for children that will aid them
to “learn through play”.
• Parenting Education Session (1 Hour) – Parents gain knowledge regarding child development and become their child’s first and most important teacher.
• Community Speaker (1 Hour) – Introduces parents to an array of community resources.
Observation of a parent-child play activity, conducted once a month.
• Allows for a better understanding of the family’s needs.
• Enables the parent to share issues and concerns in a comfortable environment.
• Allows program staff to formulate informed strategies to help each family.
Early Childhood Education
Provides children a safe early-learning and nurturing environment.
• Teachers develop and follow daily lesson plans.
• Lessons are designed around monthly themes and units.
• Children are grouped according to age.
Service provided to help parents get to and from class.
Nutritional meals and snacks are provided to parents and children.
ESL and GED classes along with college enrollment assistance.